How To Hide Double Tick On Whatsapp Iphone
🕐 1 Jul 23
If you want to hide the WhatsApp double ticks on your iPhone you have definitely hit the right article. In this article we will show you how to hide double tick on whatsapp iphone.
WhatsApp double ticks are the indicators that show you exactly if your messages have been delivered to the other person. Grey double ticks turning to blue ticks relays the sender that the message has been read.
The ticks are visible either below or next to the messages which includes text, images, GIFs and even videos. Unlike other messenger apps these ticks were first introduced in WhatsApp and are somewhat unique to them. The ticks have different meanings in WhatsApp:
- A single tick means that your message has been successfully sent to the other user, but not received it yet.
- A double grey tick indicates that the other person has received the message, but has not read it yet.
- A double blue tick confirms that the messages have been read by the other person.
There is a time stamp below the messages by seeing which you can clearly figure out what time the message was sent, received, and read. Now we have all been in such situations where you were too busy or had some other things at hand. All the time it is simply not possible to reply to a message.
Sometimes the sender takes this as rudeness as the other person has read the message and not replied back. Here this particular feature in WhatsApp comes in very handy. It’s the Read Receipts and Last Seen feature which can be disabled.
Disabling the Read Receipts hides the blue ticks from the WhatsApp chats and the sender is not able to make out whether the other person has read the message.
Below I have laid down few simple steps on how to disable Read Receipts on your iPhone.
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App store. Backup all the previous chats if you are installing a new version.
- Once installed go to the WhatsApp settings.
- In Settings go to Account and select Settings.
- Disable the Read Receipts by tapping on the toggle
Read Receipts works in both ways. You will not be able to view someone else’s blue ticks if you have disabled yours.
Once the Read Receipts is disabled make sure to turn off the Last Seen as well. Otherwise you will give the game away. It becomes even worse as the other person can find out the particular time when you were last active on WhatsApp.
Last Seen can be turned off with these few simple steps:
- Enter Settings menu in your WhatsApp.
- Go to Account and then Privacy.
- Tap Last Seen.
- Switch to Nobody.
That’s it. You have successfully turned off the Last Seen feature. This is a very simple trick with which you can turn off the blue ticks in the iPhone. Hope this article on how to hide double tick on whatsapp iphone helps you.