WhatsApp Contacts Not Showing Names iPhone
Last Updated : Nov 14, 2022
IN - WhatsApp
In this article we will show you the solution of WhatsApp contacts not showing names iPhone, there are few workaround that you can try to solve the issue of WhatsApp contacts not showing names on iPhone.
This issue of showing phone number instead of the contact name is not uncommon.
The reason behind WhatsApp contact not showing a name is due to a minor software bug that you can automatically recover in order to see the name again.
In case your WhatsApp on iPhone continue to show a phone number instead of the contact name you can try the possible solution discussed in this article to resolve this issue.
In case you are looking for a solution on how to fix WhatsApp contacts not showing name on iPhones this is the right article for you just follow the steps given below in order to fix WhatsApp contacts not showing names on iPhone.
Step By Step Guide On WhatsApp Contacts Not Showing Names iPhone :-
Method 1 - Turn On Contact Permission
- You need to go to the setting tab on your iPhone.
- Under setting you will see various tabs such as battery, privacy, touch id and password, application, notification and others.
- Click on the error place next to the option privacy.
- On the next screen it will show you various options such as location service, contact, calendar, reminder.
- Click the option contact under privacy screen.
- now on the next screen it will show you the list of all the applications that need contacts to be accessed on your iPhone.
- These applications include Google Maps, messenger, WhatsApp and other.
- Now in order to fix the issue of WhatsApp contacts not showing name on iPhone you need to make sure that you turn on the toggle place next to the option WhatsApp to access the contact on your iPhone.
- When you allow WhatsApp on iPhone to access contact it will use this information to show the contact name in your WhatsApp messages.
- The WhatsApp application needs a permission to use the address book on your iPhone so that it can display the contacts in your WhatsApp account.
Method 2 - Update WhatsApp
- You need to make sure that you are using the latest version of WhatsApp on on your iPhone .
- You need to go to the App Store on your iPhone.
- Now you will see 5 catch placed at the bottom of the screen called favourite, Top Chart, explore, search and update.
- Click the option Update placed at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- On the next screen it will show you the pending updates.
- Look for the WhatsApp update if available and click on the option update to see the the names of WhatsApp contacts on iPhone.
I hope this article on WhatsApp contacts not showing names iPhone helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.