How To Unblock Songs On Spotify
🕐 1 Jul 23
In this article we will show you how to unblock songs on Spotify, it is often said that internet and social media is both, a boon and a bane.
On one side, it allows you to explore the endless variety and types of things and makes everything accessible, however on the flip side, you can’t control what’s on there.
What you can control is what you want to see or experience. Blocking is a feature that began with social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, etc.
To block out people who tried to harass, or were inappropriate in other regards.
It helps people filter out the unwanted people or content from their social media and helps people decide what they want to see and not see.
Spotify also allows users to block or hide songs that they don’t wish to listen to or come across again.
There could be several reasons as to why one would change their mind and wish to unblock a song or more later
In this article, we will discuss more about this topic in the points below.
Step By Step Guide On How To Unblock Songs On Spotify :-
- The first thing that you need to do is open your Spotify account.
- You can do this on any device that would be compatible- it could be a mobile phone, laptop, PC, etc.
- For the purpose of this article, let us assume that the process is done on the Spotify mobile phone app as it is easier to access.
- If you don’t already have the app, you can download it on your phone.
- Log into your account using your account credentials.
- When you hide or block a song on Spotify, a notification pops up at the bottom of the screen notifying you about the completion of the task. Right next to this, you will see the ‘Undo’ icon. Click on this and the blocking will be instantly reversed.
- Alternatively, you can also unblock or unhide a song using another method. Let us see how.
- First, you need to tap on the ‘Settings’ icon located at the top-right corner of the page.
- This will open the Settings page of your account. Scroll down and under the Playback section, click on the icon next to the ‘Show unplayable songs’. The slider will turn green in colour, which shows that the option has been enabled.
- Once that is done, you will be able to see the songs you previously blocked in the respective playlists.
- All that you need to do now is open the playlist in which the song that you wish to unblock is listed.
- Scroll down to find the song title. The song title will now be displayed in grey, faded-out fashion.
- Right next to this, you will see a circular icon and click on it.
- As soon as you do this, the song will be unblocked.
This is how you can unblock or unhide a song on Spotify. You can now go back to enjoy the track without any hassle I hope this article on how to unblock songs on Spotify helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.