How To Turn Off Parental Controls On Netflix
Last Updated : Apr 26, 2022
IN - Netflix
In this article we will show you how to turn off parental controls on Netflix, Netflix is an online media streaming platform being used by over 190 countries. In India, it has a wide range of variety across different industries.
It is used by millions of people all over the world its popularity grew by leaps and bounds after the pandemic of 2019. During this time, when people were closed in the four walls of their house.
Netflix is a platform that brought not only entertainment of existing movies and shows, but also became a release and launch platform for the users.
Like on any other social media platform, Netflix also allows its subscribers to manage parental controls. What this essentially does is restrict the content that is watchable by your children.
This is a great way to supervise and restrict the viewing activities of children by their parents, without physically being around.
The content which is inappropriate will become inaccessible to the children. There can be several reasons why you would like to turn off or remove these restrictions.
In this article, we will see how you can turn off the parental controls on your Netflix account just follow the steps as explained in the points below.
Step By Step Guide On How To Turn Off Parental Controls On Netflix :-
- The first thing you need to do is go to www.netflix.com on your desktop. You can also access Netflix via the app on your mobile phone.
- Make sure you log in using your email address and password. Once that is done, you will be taken to the home page of your account.
- Here, on the top right corner of the page, you will be able to see your profile icon.
- Click on this icon. A drop-down list will open on the screen.
- From here, choose the ‘Account’ icon.
- This will take you to the next page. Here, you will be able to see the heading ‘Profile and parental controls’.
- Under this, you will be able to see all the existing profiles that have active parental controls.
- Click on the downward arrow against the profile of which you wish to turn off the parental controls.
- In the list that shows, click on the ‘Change’ icon against the Viewing restrictions options.
- In the next page, you will have to enter the password of the account to continue with the process.
- Once done, click on the ‘Continue’ icon.
- Next, select the maturity level range to the maximum level. Once that is done’ click on the ‘Save’ icon below.
- This will bring you back to the previous page. Here, you will be notified of the success of the turning off the parental controls for the selected profile.
I hope this article on how to turn off parental controls on Netflix helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.