How To Turn Off Location On Google Chrome Android
Last Updated : Nov 3, 2021
IN - Google Chrome
In this article we will show you how to turn off location on google chrome android, The privacy of your device is the most important concern for all the users. The privacy of data is an essential part of any user's digital life.
This aspect includes the decision of sharing your location or when to restrict the access of location or other files. Many websites on Chrome ask for location access and provide you with the data.
Many search engines track your location along with the topics you search and the videos you watch on your device.
The search engine also gives you the flexibility to turn off the location Axis along with history.
In order to track your location there are certain conditions that must be satisfied in Google.
A person must be sign into his or her Google account
The Location history is on.
A person has a stable internet connection.
Follow the steps given below in order to turn off your location on Google Chrome on your Android device.
Step By Step Guide On How To Turn Off Location On Google Chrome Android :-
- Open the chrome browser in your Android device.
Click Three vertical dots present at the top of your screen.
- A menu page will appear in front of you which comprises various options of new tab, history, download, downloads, recent tabs, desktop site, settings, help and feedback.
- Click the option of settings among these options.
- Google provides you 2 types of settings including basics and advanced.
- The basic settings include regarding search engine, password, payment methods, address, privacy and security, safety check, notifications and theme.
- Advanced settings include homepage, accessibility, site settings, languages, lite mode, downloads and about Chrome.
Select the option of site settings under the heading of Advanced.
- A page will appear on your screen regarding the setting of the site including cookies, location, camera, microphone, motion sensors, notifications and other options.
Select the option of location.
Now in this step you need to toggle the switch towards the off position which is located at the right end of the location text. It turned a grey-coloured toggle which represents that the location is off.
If the slider is of blue colour, it means the location is on Google Chrome in your Android device.
- You will also see the option of exceptions under location. This column comprises the website to whom you have given access to your location. It will list all search sites under the option of exception.
In case you wish to block the access you can simply to the option of block.
I hope this article on how to turn off location on google chrome android helps you and in this article we covered an essential guide.
Every user is concerned about the safety of his or her personal information. The steps mentioned above are elaborative and easy to follow.