How To Transfer Data From OnePlus To Laptop
Last Updated : Sep 17, 2021
IN - OnePlus
In this article we will show you how to transfer data from OnePlus to laptop, since we use our mobile phone for almost everything these days, it is important to regularly transfer the data which you wish to keep to a PC or laptop.
What this essentially does is clear up space on the mobile phone and ensures its proper functioning. Moreover, it allows one to view and preserve important data in case of damage to the mobile phone.
In this article, we talk about how you can transfer data from your OnePlus 6 mobile phone to your laptop.
There are various methods to do, however, keeping in mind the element of time, we shall focus only on the most time-efficient and uncomplicated method, that is , by using a USB Cable.
Follow the steps explained at length below :-
Step By Step Guide On How To Transfer Data From OnePlus To Laptop :-
- Attach the original USB cable of the device on both ends with the OnePlus 6 mobile phone at one end and the laptop on the other end.
- Wait for a while for the devices to be recognized and connected. Once connection is established, you will see a notification on your phone. From this, choose the ‘Transfer Files’ option. And now, you will be able to see the device on your laptop screen.
- Click on the name of the OnePlus 6 device to open it. You will now be able to access all the data of the device. Double-click on the ‘Internal Storage’ icon.
- Here you will be able to see all the files and data on the device. Choose the ones you wish to transfer to the laptop and simply copy (control+C) and paste (control+V) it to the desired location on the laptop.
- At times you might face difficulty in connecting your device with the laptop using a USB cable due to the failure of the pop-up notification to show.
In these cases, you can follow the procedure explained in steps below to connect the two devices using a USB cable.
- From the App Drawer on your OnePlus device, go to ‘Settings’ icon.
- From the list of options, click on the ‘About Phone’ option. Here you will be able to see a grid of various features. Click on the ‘Build Number’ icon several times, generally about seven times. You will receive a pop-up message notifying you that you have been made a developer.
- Go back to Settings and click on the ‘Developer Options’ icon. Now, tap on the icon named ‘USB Debugging’.
- Confirm that you wish to enable USB debugging. Then scroll down the list and tap ‘Select USB Configuration.’ Click on the ‘MTP’ (media Transfer Protocol) option.
Finally, you will be able to easily transfer your file to the laptop easily.
Some other ways to achieve the same goal are by using the AirDroid app http://web.airdroid.com or the Mobile-Trans Backup app, etc.
I hope this article on how to transfer data from OnePlus to laptop helps you to transfer your data and files safely!