How To Sync Google Drive On Windows 10
Last Updated : Dec 29, 2021
IN - Google Drive
In this article we will show you how to sync google drive on windows 10, Google Drive is an extremely popular cloud storage service. It is an immensely powerful and easy app to use. It allows you to save bulky, space consuming files without occupying your mobile phone memory.
The files in the drive can be stored till eternity irrespective of what mobile phone device you use.
You can access Drive on the web by heading to drive.google.com. If you are using an Android phone, it comes with a free pre-installed Google drive app.
You can also view all your files via the Drive folder on your PC with Google Drive for Desktop, but you need to download the software first.
When you download a file on your computer, you might want it on your phone and tablet, too. Instead of downloading it to each device, set up your downloaded computer files to synchronize to Google Drive. Your files stay on your hard drive.
They're also in Drive, so you can access them on any device anytime.
In this article, we will learn how you can sync your Google drive on your Windows 10 desktop. Follow the steps as explained below.
Step By Step Guide On How To Sync Google Drive On Windows 10 :-
- The first thing that you need to do is make sure to download the Google drive software or app for your desktop.
- On your computer with Windows 10, go to your Downloads folder. It is generally located in the panel at the bottom of the page. It is represented by a folder shaped icon.
- In the next step, click Drive for desktop.
- Once that is done, click Open Google Drive.
- Now, you will be required to drag the Downloads folder into a Google Drive folder.
- In the next step, bring your cursor to the Google Chrome icon.
- In the top-right corner, click on More Settings.
- In the next step, click Advanced and go to Downloads.
- Next, click Change and in the pop-up menu, bring your cursor to the Downloads folder that you dragged to your Google Drive folder and click Select. This selection is now your default download location.
- You can also sync the files other than the downloads via the gallery of your phone or from the Google drive app as well.
This is how you can sync files from the Google drive on your Windows 10 desktop or laptop. I hope this article on how to sync google drive on windows 10 helps you.