How To Stop Pop-Up Ads On Android Phone
Last Updated : May 20, 2022
IN - Android
In this article we will show you how to stop pop-up ads on android phone, pop-up advertisements are common these days on mobile devices despite the operating system. The issue regarding the pop-up ads on Android phones is more often related to the number of apps installed on your device.
It is one of the most frustrating aspects of browsing the internet. Pop-up ads can easily link to Malware and also cause glitches on your Android device.
It is possible to stop the pop-up ads on Android phones. Frequent pop-up ads on Android phones can also damage the Android phone performance and can also allow the hackers to breach into your phone.
There can be different pop-up ads that can appear on Android phones such as Lottery ticket, Pretending to be from government officials, a sketchy phone number or link.
In case you are wondering how to stop this kind of pop up advertisement on Android phones, this is the right article for you just follow the steps given below in order to stop pop-up ads on Android phones.
Step By Step Guide On How To Stop Pop-Up Ads On Android Phone:-
- Open your Android phone setting.
- The Android phone setting will show various options for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, lock screen, display, System app update, password and security, apps and other additional settings.
- Click the option password and security.
- This tab will show various options for screen lock and privacy.
- Under privacy you will see various options such as privacy protection password, location, emergency alert and privacy.
- Click the Arrow place next to the option privacy.
- The privacy page will show options for SIM lock, security status, special app access and advanced.
- Click the Arrow place next to the options special app access.
- On the next screen you will see various special app access options for Battery Optimisation, device admin apps, display over other apps, do not disturb access, change system settings, Picture in picture, unrestricted data, install unknown apps and others.
- Click the option to display over other apps.
- It will take a few moments to showcase all the applications for which the pop-up ads are allowed or not allowed.
- Now you will see a list of all the applications that have the access to show the pop of advertisement on Android phones.
- Among the list of applications you need to select the specific app for which you do not want to see any pop-up ads on your Android phone.
- Select the application name from the list.
- Now you need to switch off the toggle button placed next to the option allowed display over other apps.
- When the toggle switch is turned off it will display gray color so you can successfully stop pop-up ads on Android phones for the specific application.
I hope this article on how to stop pop-up ads on android phone helps you and in this article we covered an essential guide on how you can stop pop-up ads on Android phones and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.