How To Set Up MLA Format On Google Docs
Last Updated : Jan 27, 2022
IN - Google Docs
In this article we will show you how to set up MLA format on google docs, MLA format is a group of guidelines for creating research for academic papers. MLA format is extensively used in Literature and language fields.
MLA format provides the consistency and uniformity of the work. The students and The Scholars to make their research papers look more professional and creative extensively used this format.
In Google Docs you can set up MLA format with the help of a free design template for creating it manually.
In this article, we will show you how you can set up MLA format in Google Docs manually. In case you are looking for a solution on how to set up MLA format in Google Docs, this is the right article for you.
Step By Step Guide On How To Set Up MLA Format On Google Docs :-
- Open Google Docs on your PC.
- Make sure you are logged in to your account.
- In case you are not logged in to your account simply enter your valid email id along with your password.
- Now open a blank new document by clicking the option of blank Given at the top of the Google docs interface.
Now you need to change the font to times new roman. Set the font size to 12.
- By default Google Docs use one end as the margin so there is no requirement of adjusting the margins.
- Now you need to insert header and footer to set up MLA format in Google Docs. In order to do so simply go to the insert tab placed at the top of the toolbar. .
In order to include header and footer simply go to the insert tab and click the header, footer, and page number options.
- After setting the header and footer for the MLA format, you notice that the font for the header is changed back to the default option.
- Again you need to change the font size to 12 and font type to time new Roman.
Now you need to your document towards the right side. In order to do so simply click the right alignment as shown in the picture given below.
In the next step simply enter your last name followed by space. In order to do so again go to the insert tab and click the page number option.
Now you need to adjust the page number you want to include in your MLA format and then simply click the option of apply.
- Tab anywhere below the header section of your document. Now go to the Format tab placed at the top of the toolbar.
Look for the line spacing option in the drop-down list of formats. Click the option of double.
- Now you need to enter your name along with the instructor and Course name and the due date on distinct lines.
- In order to do this simply press enter to move to the next line and then select the center alignment. As per the rules of the MLA format, the title should be at the center of the document. Capitalize the first letter of every word.
- Now you need to shift to the left alignment after writing a title for the document.
- Click the tab key to intent and then simply start writing your first paragraph. Make sure to write a new paragraph with the help of intent.
- After you are done with the text of your paper, simply go to the insert tab and click the break option. Look for the page break in order to form a blank page for the work cited.
I hope this article on how to set up MLA format on google docs helps you in this article, we covered an essential guide.