How To Set Google As Default Search Engine On Mac
Last Updated : Feb 9, 2022
IN - Google Search
In this article we will show you how to set google as default search engine on mac, Google Chrome is one of the most extensively used search engine by various users across the globe.
However, in some of the web browser Google Chrome is not automatically set as the default search engine. Among all the platforms like Windows 10, Mac, Linux Android iPhone, and iPad have the tendency to change the default search engine.
This shows which search engine is being used when you search in the search field. In case you want all your web searches to be done through Google search engine only if you can simply change some of the search setting irrespective of the browser you are using.
Apple only provides for search engines that can be set as default search engines named- Google, Yahoo, Bing and DuckDuckGo In case you're looking for a solution on how to set Google as default search engine on Mac, this is the right article for you.
Step By Step Guide On How To Set Google As Default Search Engine On Mac :-
- Open Safari on your Mac. Makes you have the new version of the Mac.
- Select the Safari option from the Safari menu bar placed at the top right corner of the screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear on your screen which will show various options named about Safari, Safari extensions, preferences, privacy report, clear history, e services, hide others and quit Safari.
- Select the option of references from the Safari pull-down menu.
- A pop-up box will appear on your screen which will show various tabs of settings named general, tab, autofill, passwords, search, security, privacy, extensions and advanced.
- Click the search tab placed at the top of the pop-up box.
- The search tab will show options regarding search engine and smart search fields.
- Click the downward arrow next to the option search engine. The pull-down menu list includes Google, Yahoo, Bing, and duckduckgo.
- As you need to set Google as your default search engine on Mac select the option of Google from the drop down list to make it the default search engine for Mac.
- You do not need to restart Safari as the change will immediately be seen after your selection.
- You just need to enter whatever you want to search in the address bar and the selected search engine will appear the results as per your requirement.
I hope this article on how to set google as default search engine on mac helps you in this article we covered and essential guide and the steps mentioned above are Koi detailed and easy-to-follow.