How To Set Away Message In Outlook
Last Updated : Mar 22, 2022
IN - Microsoft Outlook
In this article we will show you how to set away message in outlook, if you are going on holiday, it is very helpful to define an automatic set away message for your emails.
These automated responses allow people who send you an email to know that you are unavailable to respond to their messages.
Below is how to set up an automatic desktop response in the Microsoft Outlook desktop application and web version.
To set automatic out of office replies on the Microsoft Outlook desktop app, follow the steps given below.
Step By Step Guide On How To Set Away Message In Outlook :-
- At first, open Outlook.
And then select the gear like icon setting option in the menu bar which you can find this in the top right corner of your window beside the help section.
- A drop-down box will appear on your screen.
Then, select the View All Outlook Settings option which is at the bottom of the drop-down.
A setting page will open on your screen, from it select the Email option.
Then select Automatic Replies (Out of Office) among the list of other options.
- Then, the Automatic Replies window will then appear.
- Next, click on the Send automatic replies.
- Then, select the “send during this time range” box section.
- Also put the dates that you’ll be away from the office .
- Then enter your automatic out of office reply under the Inside My Organization tab. This will be the automatic reply which will be sent to the people from your company who mailed you while you’re on a leave
- Note: Outlook will not attach your signature in the automatic replies. And if you have a signature, you can paste it below your automatic replies.
- You can also set your automatic away from office reply in the Outside My Organization tab option.
This option is usually for people outside the company such as clients and vendors. The message can easily be copied from the Inside my Organization tab section or you can write different message for people outside your organization tab.
You can even uncheck the “Auto-reply option” box if you want to disable an automatic reply while you’re away from the office.
Note: You also have an option to set different automatic replies of away from office for different people. Just by clicking the Rules option button which is placed just at the bottom-left corner of your screen and then simply insert a rule for each person or email subject.
So, I hope this article on how to set away message in outlook helps you to set away message in Outlook easily just by following the above given steps-by-steps process guidelines properly.