How To Repost A Story On Instagram That You're Not Tagged In
Last Updated : Dec 28, 2021
IN - Instagram
In this article we will show you how to repost a story on Instagram that you're not tagged in, Instagram is a social media platform that has a wide user base across all age groups. Reposting stories, posts or any content is a great way to increase your online engagement and advertising.
This is used by celebrities, content creators, businesses, etc. It is very easy to repost a story in which you have been tagged by the person. However, Instagram, as a platform discourages people from reposting stories that they are not tagged in.
This is to promote privacy of the users online. Even though there is no straightjacket formula to do this, there are workarounds using which this can be achieved.
It is a feature in-built in smartphones these days and even a few apps. This is the feature of screen-recording.
If you have been trying to find ways to repost a story in which you aren’t tagged, let us explore a few tricks and hacks. Follow the steps below to see how this can be done.
Step By Step Guide On How To Repost A Story On Instagram That You're Not Tagged In :-
- This is a feature in-built in both, iOS and android phones.
- If you are using an android phone, you will first need to open or unlock your mobile phone using whatever security pin or password you have set.
- As soon as you unlock your mobile phone, you will be taken to the home page.
- Here, swipe down to open the Quick access menu.
- Here you will see a grid of several options like Airplane mode, Internet and Wi-fi networks and connections, screen rotation, location, etc.
From among these options, click on the ‘Screen recording’ icon.
- This will show you a small panel on the screen with start, stop and pause button.
Now, from the App tray, open the Instagram app by clicking on its icon.
- As soon as you click on the icon, the Instagram home page will open on your screens.
- Now from the list of stories at the top of the page, or by searching for it, open the story you wish to repost from your account and start recording.
- Once the story is finished, click on the stop icon on your screen and save the recording.
Now on the top right corner of the home page, click on the ‘Add’ icon.
Now choose the recording from your gallery and post it as a story.
This is a hack that mostly works. It is your responsibility to make sure you don’t use it for purposes that in any way endanger another user’s wish and privacy. I hope this article on how to repost a story on Instagram that you're not tagged in helps you.