How To Replace Words In Word Mac
Last Updated : Nov 29, 2021
IN - Microsoft Word
In this article we will show you how to replace words in word mac, Microsoft Word provides your helpful tool called to find and replace with help you to easily locate and replace the words in your document.
With the help of this tool, you can easily replace one word with another which can be very useful where you prefer to change the spelling of a particular word or go through the complete document in order to locate a repeated word to avoid duplication.
Step By Step Guide On How To Replace Words In Word Mac :-
- Open the Microsoft Word on your Mac.
- MS Word provides you with various tab which is placed on the top of the screen named as a file, edit, view, insert, format, tools, Windows, and help.
- Among all these options click the edit tab placed at the top of the toolbars.
- When you click the option- edit, A drop-down menu will appear on your screen to show various options like paste, paste special, paste and match formatting, clear, select all, find, toggle drawing, emoji, and symbols, start dictation.
- Select Find from the drop-down menu of the edit tab.
- When you click find, another drop-down will appear on your screen with show options name find, find next, find previous, replace, and advanced find and replace.
- Press replace From the drop-down menu.
- Once you click this option, a side panel will appear on your screen. Here you need to enter what you want to search in the first column and then with what words you would like to replace it in the second column.
- You need to use the find button in order to search the matches and then click the replace button in order to replace all the highlighted changes which appear on the document. You can also choose the option- replace all to replace all the same words or phrases used in your document.
- After successfully completing all the details and replacing the words, a pop-up will appear on your screen with informs you all done, made replacements. It also shows the number of the replacement in your document.
MS Word also provides you the option of Advanced find and search that you can easily find in the edit tab.
As you can see, we have mentioned the options with appearing on the drop-down once you click the edit tab, you can also go for advance find and search in order to replace words in Mac.
I hope this article on how to replace words in word mac helps you in this article, we covered an essential guide using the find and replace tool.