How To Remove Truecaller As Default Dialer
Last Updated : May 13, 2022
IN - Truecaller
In this article we will show you how to remove Truecaller as default dialer, Truecaller gets access to personal data after making it as your default calling application. It seeks permission to make and manage the call access to your call history along with your contact list.
This access of data can be a threat to your security. The direct method to remove the Truecaller as default dialer is to simply uninstall the application from your Android device which will ultimately remove it from being the default dialer.
However, you can also manually remove the Truecaller as the default dialer using the settings on the Android device.
In case you are looking for a solution on how to remove Truecaller as the default dialer this is the right article for you just follow the steps given below in order to remove Truecaller as the default dialer.
Step By Step Guide On How To Remove Truecaller As Default Dialer :-
- Open settings on your Android device.
- The setting page will show various settings for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, portable hotspot, lock screen, display, notifications, apps and other additional settings.
- Scroll down under settings and click the option apps.
- On the next screen you will see more options under apps named System app settings, manage apps, dual apps, permissions and applock.
- Click the option manage apps.
- Now you need to click the three horizontal Tots placed at the top right corner of the screen next to manage apps.
- A drop down menu will appear on your screen with will show option name show all apps, default apps, reset app preferences and settings.
- Click the option default apps.
- Here you will see the list of all the default application set for launcher, dial, messaging, Browser, camera, gallery, music, email and others.
- Click the arrow place next to the option dial at the top of the screen.
- Two default application will display on your screen to Mark as the default dialer named contact and dialer and Truecaller
- Now in order to remove Truecaller as default dialer you need to select the first option named- contact.
I hope this article on how to remove Truecaller as default dialer helps you and in this article we covered and essential guide on how you can remove Truecaller as default dialer on Android device using the settings.
The steps mentioned above are point detail and easy-to-follow and whenever a user download this application it first as the permission to make it as a default calling and messaging app.
Sometime users accidentally and up making it as the default application which can be set automatically right after the installation procedure is over.
Some users do not prefer to keep it as a default application as it is an easy gateway to your personal details.