How To Remove Gmail Account From Computer
Last Updated : Nov 8, 2021
IN - Gmail
In this article we will show you how to remove Gmail account from computer, sometime people have over one Gmail account on their computer and they wish to remove one account. There are various reasons one wants to delete their Gmail account from the computer.
People also wish to close their Gmail account for security issues as well. it becomes a little challenging while deleting a Gmail account from your computer but in this article we will show you the easy steps through which you can tackle this situation.
Step By Step Guide On How To Remove Gmail Account From Computer :-
Google Chrome is the most popularly used Browser as it carries several Gmail accounts. These days many users have over one Gmail account and they wish to switch to another account for a particular reason.
In such cases you don't want to log out and login again and again. In some cases you might have opened your Gmail on someone else's computer and saved it.
In case you want to delete your account on someone else's computer or your computer or only Gmail offers you to do it easily.
- You need to open Chrome on your computer.
- Open the Gmail app and login into your account. Enter your email id along with your password.
- After logging into your account, click on the circular icon which shows your profile picture. in case you do not have any profile picture associated with your Gmail account, your initials will appear instead. However, if you are not logged into Gmail on this system, then you cannot see any profile picture or initials.
Tap your profile picture for initials. A pop-up menu will appear so you can change your account.
- The pop-up menu shows you about sync, managing your Google account and other profiles. Just besides other profiles , you will see a gear icon which represents the setting. it is placed at the bottom of the menu.
- Chrome will show a new window including all your current accounts. Look for the account that you want to remove.
- Once you select the account that you wish to remove, click on the three vertical dots present at the upper right corner of the profile picture or your initials.
- It will show you the option to edit and delete.
Click the delete option.
Google will ask you to make sure whether you want to remove account data from the system. Confirm the request. Your browser needs some time to process before moving forward and removing your Gmail account.
I hope this article on how to remove Gmail account from computer helps you, in this article we covered an essential guide. The steps mentioned above are quite detailed and easy-to-follow.