How To Remove Administrator Account In Windows 10
Last Updated : Oct 7, 2021
IN - Windows 10
In this article we will show you how to remove administrator account in windows 10, want to delete the administrator account in Windows 10? This can be done in two ways. One is by going in Settings and the other one is by going in the Control Panel.
Here in this article we will guide on how to delete an administrator account in Windows 10.
What is an Administrator Account in Windows 10?
An administrator account means giving all the access to the admin accountholder who can easily make changes on a computer that will also affect other users of the computer.
They are generally known as Administrator. Administrator can change security settings, install software and hardware, access all files on the computer, and make changes to other user accounts.
Step By Step Guide On How To Remove Administrator Account In Windows 10
So, now as you all have got an idea of what an administrative account. Let's move forward to steps of how to delete an administrative account in Windows 10.
Deleting an Administrator Account By Going in Settings
- First Click on the Windows Start button. The button which is located in the lower-left corner of your screen. The shape of the Windows logo.
- Then Click on Settings option. The gear shaped like an icon button.
- Then choose Accounts.
- Select Family & other users. The option which you can find easily in the left sidebar.
- Choose the admin account you want to delete and click on remove button.
- The admin account you want to delete must be signed off from the computer. Otherwise, the account will not be removed.
- And finally, select Delete account and data. Clicking this will cause the user to lose all their data. So, it is advisable for the user to back up their files first.
Deleting an Administrator Account by Going in Control Panel
- Click on the search option on your computer screen. The icon which is shaped like a magnifying glass in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Then, type Control Panel into the Windows Search Bar.
- Change the view to Small icons.
- And then click on User Accounts.
- Next, click on the Manage another account option
- Choose the admin user you would like to delete from the Windows 10
- Click on the Delete the account link.
- At last, choose Delete Files or Keep Files option. Selecting Keep Files will create a folder with the user’s files on the desktop.
I hope this article on how to remove administrator account in windows 10 helps for you and can easily remove the administrative account from Windows 10 by going through the steps given in this article.