How To Organize Google Docs Into Folders
Last Updated : Jan 25, 2022
IN - Google Docs
In this article we will show you how to organize google docs into folders, Google docs you can easily add the folders from the moment you work on your document. It automatically includes all the files that the users create on Google Docs within your Google Drive account.
The organization of the digital drive can be a hard task. Managing digital files requires organizing them into specific folders that can help the users for future references without wasting time.
In case you are looking for a solution on how to organize Google Docs into folders, this is the right article for you.
Step By Step Guide On How To Organize Google Docs Into Folders :-
- Open Google Docs on your PC.
- Make sure you are logged into your account.
- In case you are not logged in to your account simply enter your valid email id along with your password.
- Select any of your documents from the Google docs home page.
- You can also type the title of the specific document on the search bar placed at the top of the Google docs homepage.
Tap the folder icon placed at the top just decide the title of your document. The folder icon will help you to create a new folder for this specific document.
- In some scenarios, it can be a Google Drive symbol as well which is represented by a triangle including flat edges.
- My drive pop-up will appear on your screen. Now click on the new folder icon which is represented by a file along with a plus icon at the bottom of the dialogue box.
You can also select an existing folder and simply tap the options move here.
A notification will appear at the top of the screen which informs that it successfully move your document to the selected folder.
- In Google Docs you will not see the folder however all the documents that are created by you will display on the main page of Google docs.
In case you want to open a file that is organized under a specific folder, simply click the folder icon which is placed at the right-hand side of the home page.
- The file icon represents the file picker option. Once the file picker is open you can search throughout the folders in order to look for a specific file.
- Search through the specific folder where you want the document to be moved.
As you can see in the picture given below the selected article is organized into the folder named- 30 October.
I hope this article on how to organize google docs into folders helps you in this article, we covered an essential guide.