How To Open Google Drive Files On Phone
Last Updated : Dec 29, 2021
IN - Google Drive
In this article we will show you how to open google drive files on phone, Google Drive is an extremely popular cloud storage service. It is one of the most generous free tools on the market. It is an immensely powerful and easy app to use.
It allows you to save bulky, space consuming files without occupying your mobile phone memory. The files in the drive can be stored till eternity irrespective of what mobile phone device you use.
You can access Drive on the web by heading to drive.google.com. If you are using an Android phone, it comes with a free pre-installed Google drive app.
You can also view all your files via the Drive folder on your PC with Google Drive for Desktop, but you need to download the software first.
However, if you are new to cloud storage and have never used competitors like Dropbox or Box, learning how to use Google Drive can be a bit overwhelming.
But don’t you worry! We will help you navigate through the app so you get familiar and comfortable with it.
The most fundamental thing about the Google drive is to learn how to access or open the files on your mobile phone.
In this article, we will see exactly how this can be achieved. The process is hassle free and easy to grasp. Follow the steps below and you will be done in no time.
Step By Step Guide On How To Open Google Drive Files On Phone :-
- Unlock your mobile phone using whatever security password you have set up. If you are using an android mobile phone, you will have the Google drive pre-installed in your device.
- Swipe up on the home screen in order to open the App tray. This is where all the apps in your phone will be displayed in an alphabetical order.
- Under the alphabet G, you will see the Google drive app.
To proceed further, click on icon of the app.
- As soon as the app opens, you will be able to see files and folders saved on your Google drive.
- You can either access the file of your choice by opening the folder, or by simply searching for it by entering the name of it in the text-field in the Search bar.
If you want to open a file someone else has shared with you, you can access it by clicking on the ‘Shared’ icon located at the left panel of the page.
- Simply click on the file that you wish to open.
- Finally, the file will open on your mobile phone.
I hope this article on how to open google drive files on phone helps you and now you can open any kind of google drive files on your phone.