How To Omit Words From Google Search
🕐 1 Jul 23
In this article we will show you how to omit words from google search, Google has made the Internet surfing procedure effortless and very convenient. Google results are now better with the help of advanced searching tools.
The results of Google are sometimes not exactly what you are looking for. A user might get a bunch of irrelevant results.
In such cases excluding some words from your search is and to get the desired result. In case you want to admit the words from Google Search you must learn how to use search operators.
The search operators can be defined as the symbols and the expressions that are used while searching on Google to get the desired result.
The search operator helps you find the exact information that you are looking for on Google. It also saves time and improves the standard of Google search results.
Step By Step Guide On How To Omit Words From Google Search :-
Method 1 - Minus sign (-)
- This sign helps the users to remove the result that includes the specific word.
- When this sign is used the Google Search Algorithm will omit all the web pages that comprise the word.
For example- you want to search best electric kettle except the year 2020, so you can use the minus sign. Here, the Google Search Algorithm will remove all the results that is related to the year 2020.
Method 2 - Quotes (“”)
- When you use a term written in courts, you will exclude the results that contain that specific phrase.
- For example, you are looking for a location for a trip but you want to avoid a specific location. In such a case, you can use quotation marks to omit the specific destination from Google search.
As you can see in the picture given below, Disney World is used in quotation marks. it means it will exclude all the results related to the destination.
Method 3 - Websites
- In case you want to avoid the results from a specific website you can also Amit a specific website by using the site operator.
- For example, you are looking for a refrigerator but you want to avoid flipkart.com to be used for your searching process. In such case, you can use the site operator and it will omit the selected site.
As you can see in the picture given below you will see all the refrigerator results excluding the Flipkart website.
I hope this article on how to omit words from google search helps you in this article, we covered an essential guide by using quotes, minus, And site operator and the steps mentioned above are quite detailed and easy to follow.