How To Not Show Online On WhatsApp
Last Updated : Nov 2, 2021
IN - WhatsApp
In this article we will show you how to not show online on WhatsApp, by default WhatsApp permits everyone to see your online status but you can easily change this in your application settings.
This platform permits the user to see the last time their saved contacts were active on WhatsApp and whether or not they are currently active. If a person is online on WhatsApp, it means he or she is using the app currently.
If the WhatsApp shows you last seen, it means the last time that particular person was active. Last seen and online does not depict the status of your sent messages.
A blue tick mark enables the sign that the person has seen your message If the settings of read receipts. WhatsApp also shows you when a particular person is typing.
Some people on WhatsApp prefer to hide their online status from everyone for privacy. WhatsApp allows you to easily change your settings and hide your last scene for online status.
Step By Step Guide On How To Not Show Online On WhatsApp :-
- Open WhatsApp on your device. In case you do not have WhatsApp, simply install it from the Play Store or App store.
- Tap the three vertical dots present at the top right corner of your screen.
Click the option of settings.
- A setting page will appear on your screen showing your profile photo, status along with options of account, chat notifications, storage data and help.
Among these options, click account.
- The account page includes various settings regarding privacy security, two-step verification, change number request account info and delete my account.
Select the option of privacy from the options.
- Privacy page of WhatsApp comprises various settings like who can see your personal information, last seen, profile photo, about, status, read receipts, groups live location blocked contacts and fingerprint lock.
- Click the option of the last seen which is displayed at the top among these options.
- WhatsApp shows a pop-up on your screen display in three options named as everyone, my contacts, nobody.
Choose the option of nobody. This will hide your WhatsApp status immediately.
- After selecting the option of nobody, no one can see your last seen on WhatsApp any longer. However, WhatsApp still shows your contacts when you are online or typing.
- In case you want to show your online status among your friends only, choose the option of my contact. This is one of the simplest methods of responding or replying to any WhatsApp message without informing other contacts that you are online on WhatsApp.
I hope this article on how to not show online on WhatsApp helps you in this article we covered an essential guide. Many WhatsApp users commonly use this feature for privacy. The steps mentioned above are elaborative and easy to follow.