How To Merge Tables In Google Docs
🕐 1 Jul 23
In this article we will show you how to merge tables in google docs, a table in Google Docs is a grid of the cells. The cells are arranged in two rows and columns as per your requirements.
Table is one of the most popularly used formatting tools as it helps you to present your information and other numerical data in neat and present table manners.
Google dogs also let you customize the table with the help of table properties. Tables help you show your information in a structured manner.
Step By Step Guide On How To Merge Tables In Google Docs :-
- Open Google docs in your browser. In case it does not log you in to your account simply enter your email id along with password.
- The homepage of Google Docs will appear on your screen.
- You can also create a blank new document by tapping + icon in order to merge tables in Google Docs.
- You can also merge tables in existing documents listed in the home page of Google docs.
- Select the document where you want to merge tables.
- In order to merge tables you need to form two tables.
- You can easily create tables in Google Docs. click the option of insert place at the top left corner of your screen. Click the option of table and select the row and column as per your requirements for creating a table.
- After it completes your table, you need to add a new blank row to the initial table.
- Choose the whole second table and copy it. You can also use the shortcut of ctrl+c for copying the table.
- In this step you need to place your cursor into the first cell of the blank row. Make sure to not select the entire row.
- Now paste the second table you just copied. in order to paste the second table simply use the shortcut of ctrl+v. this will pay the second table into your initial table.
- As both the tables are now merged, you can now easily delete the second table.
I hope this article on how to merge tables in google docs helps you, in this article we covered an essential guide.
The steps mentioned above work successfully in most of the complex cases where you need to merge two tables.
This method works successfully on your web browser and mobile device. Google Docs also help you merge the cell of one table.
It provides you flexibility of customizing table as per your own requirements. The steps mentioned above are quite detailed and easy to follow.