How To Make Google Photos Default On iPhone
Last Updated : Apr 5, 2022
IN - Google Photos
In this article we will show you how to make google photos default on iPhone, earlier in iPhone it was impossible to set an Apple application as default.
With the latest update of iOS 14 users can now set Google photo default app on iPhone. Users can also change the default browser default email and default music application.
The method discussed below change the default photo application for both iPhone and iPad. You can set Google photos as a default application only for the backup of your iPhone photos.
In case you are looking for a solution on how to make Google photos your iPhone default photo application, this is the write article for you.
Step By Step Guide On How To Make Google Photos Default On iPhone :-
- Install Google photo application on your iPhone.
- Open settings and click on your name placed at the top of the setting page.
- Look for the iCloud option.
- On the new page you will see all the applications that are using iCloud.
- Click the option- photos.
- A new page will appear on the screen and you will see two options named optimize iPhone storage and download and keep Originals.
- In case you select the first option you need to choose Download and keep original before turning off iCloud photos. This will offer high resolution photos in the Google photos.
- After the images are downloaded you need to turn the slider off place next to iCloud photos. This will ensure that any of the new photos in your iPhone will not sync to iCloud.
- Open the Google photo application and log in with your Google account.
- After logging in to your account simply tap the profile picture icon placed at the top right corner of the Google photo homepage.
- A drop-down menu will appear on your screen with will show options for managing your Google account, your data in Google photos, Google photo setting, help and feedback.
- Select the option Google photo settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page you will see various setting options named backup and sync, manage device storage, Siri shortcuts, apple photos, memories and others.
- Click the first option backup and sync.
- You need to enable the toggle next to the option backup and sync. This will help to upload search organize edit and share your photos from any device.
- After enabling this option, you need to do is the quality for uploading your photos. There are two options named high quality and original.
- Select the option as per your requirement.
- Now all the photos and videos stored in your iPhone or any new photos that you capture from your iPhone will automatically backup to Google photos.
I hope this article on how to make google photos default on iPhone helps you and in this article, we covered an essential guide and the steps mentioned above are quite detailed and easy to follow and implement.