How To Make A Table In WordPad
🕐 21 Feb 23
In this article we will show you how to make a table in WordPad, WordPad lacks in creating tables like in Microsoft Word or Excel do. But, you have an option to set columns in WordPad or use HTML to create a table document.
In this article we will teach to make a table in WordPad, just follow the instructions given below properly.
Step By Step Guide On How To Make A Table In WordPad :-
Method 1 - By creating a HTML Table
You can also use WordPad to create a table in HTML that can be viewed in any browser.
At first open a new WordPad document.
Then, insert the table tags in the WordPad document.
Insert the first row of your table which will be the header row of your table.
Now, enter the headings of the first row.
- Then, add another row under it.
- Now, keep on adding the more rows.
- Then, click on File option from the top of the menu bar.
- A pop-up menu box will appear on your screen.
- Now, click on SAVE AS option.
- List of options will appear on your screen.
From it select the Plain text document file.
- Then, a window will appear on your screen which have and option of file name and Select as type.
- Enter your File name in the respective field.
- And choose Text from the Select as type section.
- Change the extension into .html at the end of your file name.
- Now, click on the Save option.
- At last, open the file in your web browser your table will be shown in your browser.
Method 2 - By using Keyboard
This method usually works in Windows 8 or newer version. So if you are having window 7 or older version then follow the above given instructions to make a table in your WordPad.
- Firstly, open a new WordPad document on your desktop.
- Create the first row by using "+" and "-" sign on your keyboard.
- The "+" is indicated as a border of the table in this method.
- And the "-" is indicated as a cell of the table .
- So starting and ending of each cell should be begin with the "+" sign.
And the "-" sign is for width of the cell.
- After creating the first row of the table, press Enter on your keyboard.
- The first row will appear on your screen
- Now to add another row in the table, just place the cursor at the end of the border of the first row.
And then tap on Tab button on your keyboard will create a new row.
- After adding the required number of rows, you can resize the table by selecting the particular border and dragging it.
- Now, your table is ready to have some contents in it.
- At last, save the table in the Rich Text Format file.
I hope this article on how to make a table in WordPad helps you and now you can create your own table in WordPad easily just by following the above instructions properly.