How To Make A Google Doc Editable Offline
🕐 1 Jul 23
In this article we will show you how to make a google doc editable offline, Google doc is a great application that helps you to create professional and personal documents with the help of various formatting and editing tools.
However, if you have an unstable connection, then you will suddenly lose all the formatting and editing access.
So it is very vital to make the document available for editing even in offline mode. In this article, we will discuss how you can enable offline editing for Google docs on the desktop website.
Step By Step Guide On How To Make A Google Doc Editable Offline :-
- Open Google Chrome on your PC. Google Chrome will act as your web browser here.
- Now you need to log in to your account in Google Chrome. make sure you enter your valid email id along with your password.
- Now in Chrome, go to the drive application. You can also click this link drive. google.com.
- The drive home page will appear on your screen.
- Click the gear icon placed at the top right corner of the screen. The gear icon represents the settings option.
- A setting menu will appear on your screen which will show three options named settings, get the drive for desktop, And keyboard shortcuts.
Click the settings from the setting menu.
- A pop-up box will appear on your screen which comprises various options in the setting menu.
- The settings dialogue box comprises 3 types of settings named general, Notifications and manages apps.
- Various types of setting options are available. These include storage, language, Convert uploads, offline, density, Suggestions, And options for replacing items with shortcuts.
Look for the offline option. Click the checkbox placed next to the offline section.
- After doing so you will get the access to turn on the offline mode for any of the Google Drive files.
- It also informs that you can easily create open and edit your recent Google Docs sheets and slide file on this device while offline.
- Now open Google Docs on your PC.
- Select the specific document that you want to edit in offline mode.
- Once the document is opened click, the file tab placed at the top of the menu bar.
- The file Tab displays various options including share, new, open, make a copy, make available offline, And others.
Click the option- make available offline.
- Now you can easily be added this document in offline mode.
I hope this article on how to make a google doc editable offline helps you in this article, we covered a step-by-step guide and the steps mentioned above are easy to follow.