How To Make A Google Doc Editable By Anyone
Last Updated : Mar 11, 2022
IN - Google Docs
In this article we will show you how to make a google doc editable by anyone, Google docs is one of the most popular and user-friendly word or text processors used by millions of people all over the world. It offers a wide variety of tools that help make the document more attractive.
It allows you to add photos, videos, links, change fonts, add graphs or tables, and many other features that take your experience to the next level.
Most often than not, we all need to share the documents created with others. Now, this can be done when the document or work has to be submitted.
But have you wondered how to deal with this situation when you are doing a group project where others need the access to your document and make edits they seem fit?
If the answer is yes and you want to know how you can allow others to edit a Google docs document, you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will see how you can do this. All you have to do is follow the steps as explained below and you will be done in no time.
Step By Step Guide On How To Make A Google Doc Editable By Anyone :-
- Open your Google docs app or go to the homepage of your Google web browser, and click on the ‘Grid’ icon located at the top right corner of the page.
This will open a menu. From here, click on the ‘Docs’ files.
- You can also access Google docs via the Drive.
Once the tool is loaded, you will be required to either open a new blank document or a pre-existing one.
On the main page of the Google docs, you will be able to locate the ‘Share’ icon at the top right corner.
- Click on this icon. This will open a new window on the screen.
- Here, at the top you can add the email addresses or names of people you would like to share the document with.
- Under the ‘Get the link’ section, you will be able to locate a downward arrow next to the ‘Restricted’ or ‘Anyone with the link’ icon, whatever may be the default or chosen setting.
- Choose the latter option.
- As soon as you do this, click on the ‘Viewer’ icon at the right side. This will open a drop-down list with three main options like Viewer, Commentator and Editor.
- From these options, click on the ‘Editor’ option.
- Now, anyone who has the link to the document will be able to edit the content in the document.
Finally, click on the ‘Done’ icon located at the right bottom corner of the new window.
This is how you can allow other people to edit a Google document. I hope this article on how to make a google doc editable by anyone helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.