How To Link Time In YouTube Comment
Last Updated : Jan 3, 2022
IN - Youtube
In this article we will show you how to link time in YouTube comment, learn how to leave a comment with a timestamp that connects to a spot in a YouTube video
Follow the step by step guide below we have mentioned how you can do this on mobile and in desktop as well.
Step By Step Guide On How To Link Time In YouTube Comment :-
How To Link Time In YouTube Comment On Mobile
- Go to YouTube. This is a white app wearing the red YouTube logo. To view a YouTube comment, you must be logged in to your profile.
- If you are not signed in, click on Sign In icon, click on SIGN IN, type your email address and password, and click on SIGN IN button again.
- Browse to a video. This should be a video you would like to comment on. There are a lot of ways you can do that:
- Select the search icon on the upper-right corner of the screen, enter video's name, and click on Search.
- Choose a video from the home screen in one of your recent subscriptions.
- Press the Subscriptions option at the bottom of the screen (iPhone) or the top of the screen (Android) and choose a video.
Press the video to pause it, then watch the time. You need to pause the video where you want to connect it. The time displays in the lower left-hand corner of the video section in hours:minutes:seconds.
- For instance, if you pause for four minute and twenty seconds in the video, you will see "4:20" in the lower left corner of the window.
- Scroll through the screen and press the ‘Add Public Comment' box. You will find it under the list of related videos, which are located directly under the video itself.
Enter the timestamp exactly as shown. This will automatically create a link to this point of the video when you post your review.
- Press the blue Post arrow. This is in the lower right corner of the comment box. When you do, you will post your comment and the time stamp will appear in blue.
How To Link Time In YouTube Comment On Desktop
Visit YouTube. YouTube will open on your homepage if you are already logged in.
- If you are not already logged into YouTube, click Login in the upper right corner of the page, enter your email address and password, and then click Login again.
- Scroll down to a video by entering the video's name into the search bar near the top of the page and then tap on Enter, or you can simply choose a video from the YouTube Home page.
- Tap on the screen to pause the video, then note the time. You will see the timestamp next to the lower left corner of the video window, just to the right of the volume icon; it will display in hours:minutes:second.
- You will also see the entire length of the video to the right of the current timestamp in the "current timestamp/video duration" format.
- Scroll through the screen and click on the Add Public Comment box. It's under the description box of the video, right under the "COMMENTS" header.
- Enter the current timestamp as shown on the video. This will create a link to that point of the video when you post your comment.
- Click Comment. That's at the bottom right of the comment box. This will post your comment. The timestamp automatically changes to blue and links to the time indicated.
I hope this article on how to link time in YouTube comment helps you and the above given steps are helpful for you to link time in YouTube comments.