How To Link A PDF In Google Docs
Last Updated : Mar 8, 2022
IN - Google Docs
In this article we will show you how to link a PDF in google docs, Google docs is one of the most widely used tools to create documents for both personal and professional purposes. It is used by students for their assignments and projects, by teachers and professionals to create formal presentations, notices, documents, contracts, etc.
It offers a wide range of features and tools that allow one to modify and customize the display and layout of the content. You can change the font color, size, etc., add images, tables, on and on.
It is a document creating tool preferred over MS Word for several reasons, one of the most prominent being its auto-saving feature. Thus, if you close the document without saving it, none of your work is lost! Isn’t that wonderful?
It is important for one to add links to the documents or web pages or websites mentioned in the text in order to allow the readers and audience to access the documents with a single click of the mouse as the more accessible you make information, the faster and better it spreads.
Thus, let us see how you can link a PDF file in your Google document. Follow the step-by-step procedure as explained below and you will be done in no time.
Step By Step Guide On How To Link A PDF In Google Docs :-
Go to the Google homepage or the Google docs app directly. On the top right corner of the homepage, you will be able to locate the ‘Grid’ icon. From here, choose the ‘Docs’ option.
This will open a new window, here you can either open a blank document or a pre-existing one.
- Once you are on the Google docs page, you will be able to see various headings or tabs at the left top side of the page. These tabs or headings contain features and tools organized into separate categories that help in enhancing ease of use.
- Now from the text on your document, select the text that you wish to hyperlink using your mouse to drag and select the text.
From the panel of tabs, click on the ‘Insert’ icon and from the drop-down list that opens, choose the ‘Link’ option.
- As soon as you do this, a new window will open right under the text chosen.
In the text-field available at the top of this window, enter the link of the PDF by copying and pasting it or choosing from the options suggested.
- As soon as you do this, the window will close and the text chosen will change into a blue font color and will get underlined.
- When you bring your cursor to the hyperlink, it will show you the full address of the PDF linked and allow you to go to it by simply clicking on the link.
I hope this article on how to link a PDF in google docs helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.