How To Insert Page Number In Word From Specific Page
Last Updated : Nov 11, 2021
IN - Microsoft Word
In this article we will show you how to insert page number in word from specific page, MS Word is a widely used platform. It has several features that help people format text in a fast and professional manner.
The option of numbering the pages is a very useful option, especially when the document you ware writing is relatively bigger like essays, dissertations, or books.
If you have a table of contents, having your pages numbered makes the reading experience way more convenient and easier to access for the readers. Moreover, it results in saving of a massive amount of time and efforts.
In case the document has to ever be printed or converted to a hardcopy, page numbering is essential.
It is important to note that while penning down an essay, book or any big document, it always begins with a cover page followed by an index or table of contents, etc.
Thus, in such situations, starting your page numbering from the first page it does not seem to be apt and you would require to begin it from a specific later page.
I know the entire process seems to be long and cumbersome; however, it is actually quite simple and can be done in less than a minute.
In this article, we will see how this can be achieved. Follow the steps as explained below.
Step By Step Guide On How To Insert Page Number In Word From Specific Page :-
- Switch on your laptop or PC. Once you choose the user profile and enter the password, your device should be unlocked.
- Once this is done, you will be taken to the desktop of the device.
From here, click on the Microsoft icon located at the left bottom corner and open MS Word from the menu.
- Select the page from which you wish to start the numbering.
- From the page, move the cursor to the start of that page and click on the ‘Page Layout’ icon from the menu at the top of the page.
Next, click on the ‘Breaks’ icon right below the Mailing heading tab.
A dropdown list will appear before you. Select the ‘Next page’ option.
- Next choose the Insert option. Next, select page number.
- Now you will be required to choose the location of the numbering. For example, the bottom center of the page.
- This will number all the pages starting from the first one.
- Now from the page numbering editor list is open, choose the ‘Link to previous’. This should not be highlighted.
- The page numbering will be stopped. Now, delete the pages that you don’t want to be numbered.
- Finally, go back to the page number format page and click on Insert, then on page number, and finally ‘Format page number’.
Under the Page Numbering section select Start At: 1 and close the window.
This is all you need to do to begin page numbering from a specific page in the MS Word document. I hope this article on how to insert page number in word from specific page helps you.