How To Insert A Line In Word For Resume
Last Updated : Nov 29, 2021
IN - Microsoft Word
In this article we will show you how to insert a line in word for resume, often users by forming a resume for a business document want to include a horizontal line in order to spruce up their work.
There are different methods for inserting a line in word for resume however the test method of inserting a horizontal line is using the word with auto-format feature.
You to convert career character horizontal. Make sure you know this auto-format feature is not applicable in office online. When you include lines in your resume, it can help you organize your data in your resume and make it look more presentable, and get the attention of the recruiter.
Knowing the process of how to include lines in your resume help you to get noticed by a recruiter
Step By Step Guide On How To Insert A Line In Word For Resume :-
- Open the word and select the document where you have placed your resume.
- After selecting the document you need to place the cursor where you want to insert a line.
- You need to type three of the following characters in order to form the line on the full page.
As shown in the picture below you can create the line for resume using a hyphen, hashtag, under lines, equal signs, and other symbols for creating different forms of lines.
In Case You Want To Use The Horizontal Line Tool Then Follow The Steps Given Below :-
- Open a blank document in word.
- Now you need to choose the place where you want to insert a horizontal line.
Select the home tab present at the top left corner of the word toolbar.
- The home tab will show you various options for clipboard font paragraph style editing and voice.
- Click the option of border from the paragraph section.
- A drop-down menu will appear on your screen to show you various types of borders such as bottom border, top border, left border, right border, no border, all border, outside border, inside the border, inside the horizontal border, inside the vertical border, horror horizontal line, draw table, view grid lines, border, and shading.
- Click the option of a horizontal line from the drop-down menu.
- In case you want to change the design of the line you need to double click it.
A dialogue box will appear on your screen named as a format horizontal line. With the help of this, you can easily change the alignment, color width, and height of the horizontal line for your resume.
I hope this article on how to insert a line in word for resume helps you in this article, we covered an essential guide and we have also covered the steps on how you can easily create a horizontal lines in your resume.
The steps mentioned above are quite detailed along with picture illustrations.