How To Indent Second Line In Google Docs
Last Updated : Nov 6, 2021
IN - Google Docs
In this article we will show you how to indent second line in google docs, Google docs is one of the most popular word editing tools which provide you with various features for forming a professional document.
It also provides you with various text formatting options. One of them is line indenting. Adding indent in your paragraph helps to Grab the attention of readers on important areas.
Using indent correctly can help you save time and make Editing Run smoothly. When you write a document, you require some formatting changes that are tricky.
In case of creating a Bibliography or working on a cited page you require to indent the second line as compared to the first.
This is known as the Hanging indent but Google Docs does not provide you a direct setting from any of the menu.
Step By Step Guide On How To Indent Second Line In Google Docs :-
- Open Google Talks in your browser. In case you are not logged in to your account, you need to enter your email id and password to login into your Google account.
- In case you want to intent line in a new document you can Tap + icon to create a blank document. You can also indent the second line in an existing document by selecting the documents given below.
- After selecting the document you will see which provides you various formatting options like file, edit, view, insert, format, tools, add-ons and help.
- Click the option of view.
- The view tab provides you various options regarding print layout, mode, show Ruler, show document outline, show equation toolbar, show section breaks, and full screen.
Tap the option of ruler if it is not already tick marked.
- In this step you need to highlight the paragraph where you want to indent the second line.
Tap the blue Triangle in the ruler and move it to the desired location in order to indent the second line. By doing so the whole paragraph will indent.
Tap on the blue rectangle which is placed above the triangle And Move It to the left margin.
- Now you have a paragraph where the second line and all the other lines are indented and it placed the top line at the left margin.
I hope this article on how to indent second line in google docs helps you, in this article we covered an essential guide.
You can easily manage how far away you want to place the margins for any paragraph in your document. The steps mentioned above are quite detailed and easy-to-follow. I hope this article solves your query.