How To Have Different Footers In Word
Last Updated : Nov 27, 2021
IN - Microsoft Word
In this article we will show you how to have different footers in word, a footer is placed at the bottom of the document margin of each page. The footer usually contains information such as page number which goes throughout the document.
Footers are an important part of a document as it helps to keep the data organized. We usually require different footers for cover page appendices for different pages for orientation.
MS Word provides two ways of having different footers in your document with the help of the preset footer option or by including section breaks.
Step By Step Guide On How To Have Different Footers In Word :-
- Open the word your application on your device.
- Select the document where you want to have different footers. make sure you choose that type of document which comprises a few pages in order to include different footers for each page.
After opening your document look for the insert tab placed at the top left corner of the toolbar.
- Click the option of the footer drop-down menu.
- The drop-down menu will show you various pre-designed footers you can use along with other options including edit footer, remove the footer.
Click the option of edit footer from the menu.
- There is also another method through which you can easily access the settings of the footer. To do this simply double-click the bottom margin of the document.
- Now you can see the footer margin is active on your screen.
The header and footer design tab will appear on the top of the screen to show the options such as different first page, odd, and even page. There is a checkbox beside these two options.
In case you want the first page of your document to have a distinct footer from the rest of the document to the option of a different first page. In order to choose this option, you need to take the checkbox of the different first pages.
However, if you want an odd number page to have a distant footer as compared to the even number pages click the checkbox of odd and even pages.
- In this Step, you need to type your text in the footer section. after writing the text in the section simply double click or press Esc in order to go back to the fundamental text. There is also another method to come out of the setting section by simply clicking the option of close header and footer which is represented by a Red Cross enclosed dinner rectangle.
I hope this article on how to have different footers in word helps you in this article, we covered an essential guide on how you can set different footers on different pages of your MS Word document.
This article Highlights the method of pre-set footer options in order to have a distinct footer in word.