How To Format An Excel Spreadsheet For Printing
🕐 1 Jul 23
In this article we will show you how to format an excel spreadsheet for printing, in the contemporary digital world, everyone needs to learn MS Excel in order to excel in their jobs and profession.
If you want to stand out from the other employees in your profession then MS excel is definitely something that you should know.
Today every administrative work in any firm or profession, be it a corporate sector, business or law, etc. depends on MS Excel. So, MS Excel is a skill that one should definitely know.
There is no doubt that Excel has evolved a lot over years but one thing that cannot be changed is that majority of Excel spreadsheets aren’t well-formatted for printing.
Now you must be thinking, ‘how to format an excel spreadsheet for printing?’ There is no way through which one can print all the spreadsheets with utmost perfection by default.
But if you know the basic tips and tricks of Excel then you can make the necessary changes in your spreadsheets so that they can print incorrect format and can be conveniently readable for viewers.
The article will tell you how to format an excel spreadsheet for printing so that you can become a pro at using excel.
Step By Step Guide On How To Format An Excel Spreadsheet For Printing :-
- Firstly, adding to your knowledge let me tell you that Excel allows printing the whole or partial spreadsheet or workbooks, one at a time or several at once.
- MS Excel provides you with plenty of options for an optimal print experience. Follow the below-given steps to format an Excel spreadsheet for printing: -
- Firstly, select the top row and edit the headers.
- For editing the headers, tap on the home icon. Now you can bold the text or fill color in it to make the heading row standout.
- Now select the entire spreadsheet by clicking in the corner.
- Double click in between the columns and by doing this the columns will adjust into the right width.
- Next, add grid lines to the report as it will make it more readable. For that select the entire spreadsheet and tap on the option of ‘Borders.’
- Select the option of ‘All borders’ to select the width borders.
- To ensure that the spreadsheet will print appropriately. Tap on the option of print layout, then click on the option of orientation and select landscape.
- You can customise margin by selecting the option of ‘Margin’ and then tap on the option of ‘Custom Margin.’
- Now select the page tab and customize the page according to your need. To customize the page tap on the option of ‘Fit to pages.’
- If you want your row header to appear on every page then tap on the option of sheet and type $1:$1 in the section of ‘Rows to repeat at top.’
- Navigate to the ‘View’ option available in the excel ribbon and tap on the option of ‘print preview and print’ from the drop-down menu.
- That’s it now your spreadsheet is ready to print with correct formatting.
How to print the MS Excel spreadsheet? – Without Formatting
If you don’t want to customize the excel spreadsheet and want to print it directly then follow these simple steps for simply printing the spreadsheet: -
- First of all, select the complete spreadsheet.
- Tap on the option of file.
- Click on the option of print or you can use the shortcut key CTRL + P.
- If you want to adjust or customize settings before printing then click the print button.
That’s it there you go now your spreadsheet is all set for printing.
That was all about how to format an excel spreadsheet for printing. I hope this article on how to format an excel spreadsheet for printing helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.