How To Find Lost iPhone With IMEI Number
Last Updated : Jun 10, 2022
IN - iPhone
In this article we will show you how to find lost iPhone with IMEI number, IMEI is a 15 digit serial number. It stands for international mobile equipment identity.
It is a unique number for every mobile phone which also includes an iPhone for identification.
It plays an important role for the security of your iPhone. You can easily get to know the IMEI number even if you have lost your iPhone.
In order to get to know your iPhone IMEI number you just need to check the package in the box and it is listed over the barcode label.
Another way to find the IMEI number is to find it using icloud.
In case you are looking for a solution on how to find lost iPhone with IMEI number this is the right article for you just follow the steps given below in order to find lost iPhone with IMEI number.
Step By Step Guide On How To Find Lost iPhone With IMEI Number :-
- Assuming that you are aware about the IMEI number of your iPhone you need to contact the cellular service provider.
- After contacting them you need to state that your iPhone is stolen or lost and request them to add your lost iPhone in the gray list.
- This iPhone is added to the IMEI database so that the cellular service provider can search your lost iPhone even if it is used by adding another sim card or is currently offline.
- In case your iPhone is located you can request a service provider to simply block or prevent your iPhone from being used by others.
- You also have the option to simply report this number so that you get to know when your iPhone is formed.
- When the network provider block the IMEI number it gets blacklisted from any GSM network.
- This means that your iPhone cannot be used again with a similar network even if the same is changed by others.
- This is an effective way as you can keep your information and data safely even when you are not able to find it or it is stolen.
- However, the cellular network provider does not track your iPhone with an IMEI number.
- In such cases you can easily report your IMEI number of your lost iPhone to other available IMEI databases.
- You just need to provide IMEI code along with your email and find the reward to these databases and then you will be contacted when your iPhone is located.
I hope this article on how to find lost iPhone with IMEI number helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.
In this article we covered an essential guide on how you can find lost iPhone with IMEI number by contacting the cellular service provider.
The steps mentioned above are quite detailed and easy to follow. I hope this article solve your poetry