How To Edit Document Outline In Google Docs
Last Updated : Mar 10, 2022
IN - Google Docs
In this article we will show you how to edit document outline in google docs, Google docs is one of the most widely used tools to create documents for both personal and professional purposes. It is used by students for their assignments and projects, by teachers and professionals to create formal presentations, notices, documents, contracts, etc.
It offers a wide ambit of features and tools that allow one to change and customize the display of the content. You can change the font color, size, etc., add images, tables, on and on.
It is a document creating tool preferred over MS Word for several reasons, one of the most prominent being its auto-saving feature. Thus, if you close the document without saving it, none of your work is lost! Isn’t that wonderful.
Google docs is used for writing several literary pieces like books, novels, poems, etc. It is always a good idea to have document outlines in Google docs
In this article, we will see how you can achieve this. Follow the steps as explained below and you will be done in no time.
Step By Step Guide On How To Edit Document Outline In Google Docs :-
- Open your laptop, PC or mobile phone. Now there are two ways to open Google docs.
One way is to access it via the Drive. In the alternate case, you can click on the ‘Grid’ icon at the top right corner of the home page of Google web browser.
In the next step, you will be asked to either open a blank document or a pre-existing one.
- Now, click on the ‘Tools’ icon from the panel at the top. From the drop-down list that opens, click on the ‘Document outline’ option. As soon as you do this, the outline will be displayed on the left side.
- You can edit the document outline in several ways, like add headings to an outline. In order to do this, you will first need to select the text you wish to make a heading.
- Now, click on the ‘Normal text’ icon from under the Toolbar styles menu. From here, select the ‘Heading’ style and the job will be done.
- You can also delete the heading by bringing the cursor to the heading and click on ‘Remove from outline’ icon.
- In case you don’t wish to view the outline and wish to close it, click on the ‘X’ or ‘Close’ icon located right next to the document outline. You can open the outline whenever you wish to.
I hope this article on how to edit document outline in google docs helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.