How To Edit A Pie Chart In Google Docs
Last Updated : Jan 27, 2022
IN - Google Docs
In this article we will show you how to edit a pie chart in google docs, in Google docs, pie charts are a great way to compare distinct part of a single daughter with the whole. in pie chart your information is divided into distinct section which looked like a different slice of a large pie.
With the help of fire that you can easily communicate your data with the readers and make your point more clearly.
In case you are looking for a solution on how to edit a pie chart in Google Docs, this is the right article for you.
Step By Step Guide On How To Edit A Pie Chart In Google Docs :-
Whenever you insert any new type of chart in your Google docs all the data of the chat is automatically stored in the Google sheets.
In case you want to edit the pie chart in Google Docs you need to first added the link spreadsheet in order to update the content of your chart.
The edits of the pie chart can be related to its size, color, data or the appearance of the pie chart.
- Open Google Docs on your PC.
- Make sure you are logged into your account. In case you are not logged in to your account simply enter your valid email id along with your password.
- Open the specific document where you want to edit a pie chart in Google Docs.
- In case you do not have any document which consists of a pie chart in Google Docs, you can easily create a new part chart with the help of the insert tab.
- The insert tab consists of the start options from where you can select the pie chart option.
- In case you want to change the values in the pie chart, you Need to do the changes in the linked spreadsheet of this pie chart.
- Simply click on the pie chart in your Google docs. This will select your entire pie chart.
- Click the linked chart options placed at the top right corner of the screen. It is represented by the link and downward Arrow icon.
- It will show options like unlink, open source, and linked objects.
Click the option of open source from the drop-down list.
- It will take you to a new window of the link spreadsheet.
- Now scroll up and you will see all the rows and columns along with its daughter just below the pie chart.
Now edit the name of the sections and their values as per your requirement.
- Any edits that you make in the spreadsheet of the pie chart like the values will not have a direct impact in the Google docs.
- After entering all the values simply go back to your Google Docs document again select the chart.
Now click on the update option placed at the top right corner of the selected chart in Google Docs.
As you can see in the picture given below, The values of the pie chart are changed as per your requirements.
I hope this article on how to edit a pie chart in google docs helps you, In this article we covered and essential guide.