How To Download A Word Document On Mac
🕐 1 Jul 23
In this article we will show you how to download a word document on mac, the age-old debate about whatâ€™s better Mac or PC still continues. While some people find it difficult to operate the Microsoft and other android devices, there is a large number of people who stay away from these products.
This becomes a bigger problem when you want to view or edit documents in different devices. Like, for instance, if your office uses only PCs and all your family uses Mac.
If you have created a document using MS Word, you will have to keep in mind that the same might not show on your Mac as it has its own built-in word processing tool called the Pages for the same purpose.
Now, if you wish to manage MS word documents on your Mac, the most reasonable way is to buy and download the MS Word from the Apple Store.
This way you can view, edit the documents just like in your PC. However, you can also convert the MS Word document into a Pages document and save it on your device.
Step By Step Guide On How To Download A Word Document On Mac :-
- Open your Mac computer device. Now to begin the process, open the â€˜Pagesâ€™ app.
- Once the app opens, you will be able to see the Menu bar. From here, click on the â€˜Fileâ€™ option and select â€˜Openâ€™ by bringing the cursor to it and clicking on it.
- Now the only thing left to do is to find and open your MS Word document. As soon as you click on the documentâ€™s icon to open it, Pages will convert the Word file into a new Pages file automatically and instantly.
- In case, the MS Word document that you wish to download to the Mac computer has been sent to you via e-mail, you can open it there and it will be launched in Pages automatically.
- If you wish to download the file, you will first have to save it on your desktop as the process mentioned above will not update the Word file.
- To convert it back into a Word file and, you will have to export it back into Word.
- Now go back to the Pages document that you have open and click on â€˜Fileâ€™ icon in the Menu bar.
- Now click on â€˜Export Toâ€™ option and then choose â€˜Wordâ€™.
- Choose the same name as that of the original file. You will be asked if you want to replace the version already on the desktop, Click on â€˜Replaceâ€™ icon.
- Finally, you will have an update Word document, just like the original one.
I hope this article on how to download a word document on mac helps you and the steps and methods mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.