How To Delete WhatsApp Message
Last Updated : Nov 17, 2022
IN - WhatsApp
In this article we will show you the solution of how to delete WhatsApp message, there is a possibility that you have sent the wrong message on WhatsApp.
In such cases you can't unsent the message however you can use the delete option which provides three further more options.
You can either select whether you want to delete the message for yourself or for everyone within one hour.
You can easily delete single and double grey or blue text messages with the help of the delete option on the WhatsApp application available for Android and iOS user.
In case you are looking for a solution on how to delete WhatsApp message this is the right article for you just follow the steps given below in order to delete WhatsApp message.
Step By Step Guide On How To Delete WhatsApp Message :-
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Once you open the WhatsApp application on your Android device you will see three tabs placed at the top of the screen.
- These are called chat, status and calls.
- Below the chat, you need to select the specific WhatsApp chat Where you want to delete messages on WhatsApp.
- In case you are not able to find the contact in the chat screen you can also go to the contact and search for it.
- To go to the contact you simply need to click on the contact icon placed at the bottom right corner of the chat screen.
- With the help of the search bar, you can easily type the name of the contact where you want to delete a message.
- Once you click on the contact you will immediately see the chat box with the selected WhatsApp contact.
- Now you need to search for the specific message that you want to delete on WhatsApp.
- In case you are not able to search the message you can also use the search feature by clicking the three vertical dots placed at the top right corner of the screen.
- After selecting the message you need to press and hold the message.
- once you press and hold the message you will see various option placed at the top of the screen along with the emoji reaction.
- The option placed at the top of the screen are reply, star, delete, forward and menu.
- Click the option delete placed at the top right corner of the screen.
- Once you click on the trash icon you will see a popup box with three delete message options.
- These options are delete for everyone, delete for me and cancel.
- Now you can delete the WhatsApp message as per your preference by selecting these two options from the popup box.
I hope this article on how to delete WhatsApp message helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.