How to delete WhatsApp chat backup permanently
Last Updated : Sep 19, 2020
IN - Whatsapp
In this article we will show you how to delete WhatsApp chat backup permanently. Generally Many of the people want to know how can you backup WhatsApp chat and they are looking for a way to backup WhatsApp chats and media files.
Sometimes we don’t want to restore our WhatsApp chats and media files because of running out of mobile space or some personal reason so in this case you won’t need previous backup of chats and want to delete WhatsApp chats backup permanently on your android smart phone, so we will guide you properly in this article how easily you can delete your WhatsApp backup chats.
If we talk about WhatsApp it only backup the database in local folder of phone’s memory when it was launched, now for ensuring the security and availability of your important chats and media you can WhatsApp backup on google drive storage that associated with your Gmail id. But on google drive you can store only 15gb data of your WhatsApp backup chats and media files.
If you want to delete WhatsApp chat backup permanently so you will have to follow two processes, first is your phone’s storage and second one is google drive storage
Let them know how easily you can delete data permanently on android phone storage and google drive storage.
How to delete WhatsApp backup chat from phone storage
- First open the file manager app on your android phone.
After entering the file manager, you will see many options then select the WhatsApp folder option.
- Then tap on the database folder and select database files.
- After selecting all files, delete all.
Now your WhatsApp chats backup will be deleted permanently from your android phone.
So it is very simple way to delete all WhatsApp chats backup file from your android phone.
How to delete WhatsApp backup chat from google drive
- First you have to open google drive app.
- After opening the google drive app you will see many options then you have to tap on badger icon which is situated at left top corner to see menu option.
- Then select the backups options on it.
- After clicking the backups option you will see all the device or third party apps those are using the google drive for backup.
- Now you will see the WhatsApp backup file that includes your phone number in its name that associated with your WhatsApp account that backup chat and media files you want to delete permanently.
- Then tap on the three dots icon which is given beside of WhatsApp backup file option and after clicking three dots icon you will see two options like: delete backup and turn off backup.
- Finally click on the delete backup option to delete WhatsApp backup chats permanently .
Hope this article on how to delete WhatsApp chat backup permanently helps you and now you can successfully delete your WhatsApp chat backup files easily.