How To Delete Temporary Files In Windows 10 Using CMD
Last Updated : Oct 6, 2021
IN - Windows 10
In this article we will show you how to delete temporary files in windows 10 using CMD, as we open applications and files in Windows 10, there are a series of items called Temporary Files.
Temporary files are a group of files associated with the object to enable the following access to them to load their data far more efficiently and over time (months or years), if these files are not cleaned, many problems arise.
In order to remove temporary files in Windows 10, then the command per cent temp%, and then remove the information. In this, article we'll learn how to delete temporary files with cmd in windows 10 in this post.
Step By Step Guide On How To Delete Temporary Files In Windows 10 Using CMD :-
- Open the Run window using a [Windows]+[R] key combination.
- Please enter the "cmd" command and confirm with "OK."
- We will now delete the temporary ones with the del *.tmp/s/f/q command.
- Now we may remove temporary ones with the: del*.tmp /s/f / q command.
- In this situation, we shall erase all the temporary file extensions depending on the given criteria. the command del (delete) remove the data information.
- Besides this, it is possible to use extra parameters such as - /p: Prompts for confirmation before deleting the specified file in the consol, / a [:]
: Removes files based on the following file attributes, r (read-only files), h (hidden files), i (non-indexed content files), s (system files), a (files ready to archive), l (reanalysis points), / ?: Displays help at the command prompt
- Executing the command results to temporary files in Windows 10 being deleted
- After that, you will enter the File Explorer and right-click on the C drive
- We click on "Free up space" and choose the choices you want in the pop-up window, including "Temporary files"
- Click OK, and the following notice will be shown
- To confirm the procedure, click Delete Files
Microsoft has a home user, user, and developer operating system named Windows 10. This is the newest version of the renowned Windows OS.
This includes a number of additional features that you may use while running Windows 7, 8, or other versions of the preceding one.
Best of all about this system is that it comes with a number of new capabilities, but keeps the previous interface so that when updating your computer to Windows 10 you don't have to learn anything new.
There is a fast and simple approach to remove temporary files with Command Prompt on Windows 10. The procedures are straightforward and the command may be typed easily.
I hope this article on how to delete temporary files in windows 10 using CMD helps you.