How To Delete Primary Bank Account From Paytm
Last Updated : Sep 20, 2022
IN - Paytm
In this article we will show you the solution of how to delete primary bank account from Paytm, there can be various reasons a user wants to delete their primary bank accounts, such as changing the bank details, moving to a new application, having multiple bank accounts and others.
You can easily delete your Primary bank account from the Paytm application available for Android and IOS users.
In case you are looking for a solution on how to delete a primary bank account from Paytm, this is the right article for you just follow the steps given below in order to delete primary bank account from Paytm.
Step By Step Guide On How To Delete Primary Bank Account From Paytm :-
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device.
- In the search bar, you need to type Paytm
- Now click on the option to install in order to download this application on your Android device.
- Once the application is successfully installed, click open to proceed further.
- Assuming you have already created your account in Paytm you just need to enter your mobile number and four-digit password to login.
- After successfully login into your account you will see various tabs at the top of the screen.
- These options include favourite stores, KYC,pay, passbook, accept payment, UPI and others.
- Click the option UPI.
- Nextscreen it will show you your recent payment along with the saved bank account.
- In case you have more than one bank account the radioactive button which is active next to the bank account is your primary or default bank account in Paytm.
- Once you click your primary bank account you will see an option on the next screen called create new pin and remove Bank.
- Click the option remove Bank.
- A popup box will appear on a screen which will ask you to confirm your choice by pressing ok in order to delete the selected Bank.
- However if you click the option remove Bank it will inform that primary bank account for UPI ID cannot be deleted.
- In the UPI page you need to click the three vertical dots placed at the top right corner of the screen.
- A drop down menu will appear on your screen which will show options such as edit UPI ID, spam request folder, deregister UPI profile.
- Click the option- deregister UPI profile.
- A popup box will appear on your screen which will inform you that you won't be able to send or receive money if you deregister your UPI ID.
- Click ok to proceed further.
- On the next screen it informs that you can reactivate your ID again when you wish to as you can see now there is no primary bank account in Paytm.
In this article we covered an essential guide on how to delete a primary bank account from Paytm.
I hope this tutorial on how to delete primary bank account from Paytm helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.