How To Delete Facebook Messages On Android Phone
Last Updated : Sep 16, 2021
IN - Facebook
In this article we will show you how to delete Facebook messages on android phone, there could be a million reasons as to why someone would want to delete messages on Facebook.
It could be for the purpose of organizing and cleaning old and unimportant chats, some unpleasant conversations, etc.
Thus, the social media and messaging website Facebook provides to all its users the ability to delete chats on their platform.
In this article, we shall discuss the methods which can be used by you to delete messages on Facebook.
Step By Step Guide On How To Delete Facebook Messages On Android Phone :-
Essentially, there are 3 ways of deleting messages. These are stated below-
Archiving The Messages
Unlock or wake up the screen of your android mobile phone. Swipe up on the home screen to view the App Tray. Scroll down and click on the ‘Facebook Messenger’ app icon.
- This will open a list of all the chats and messages you have sent and received in an order where the most recent chat will be at the top.
You can either scroll down the list to find the name of the person or group whose messages you wish to delete or you can simply find the name using the Search Bar located at the top of the screen.
Long press on the chat that you wish to delete or archive. You will now see a list on the screen with various options. Click on the ‘Archive’ option from the list.
- The chat will disappear from the list. You can access these by clicking on the small profile picture icon located at the left top corner.
This will open a menu where you will find the ‘Archived Chats’ option. This will open all the archived chats on your Facebook Messenger.
Deleting A Thread Or Entire Chat
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your phone. From the list of chats, choose the chat you wish to delete and long press on it.
A pop-up list will appear on your screen. Choose the ‘Delete’ option. This will delete the entire chat from your Messenger app.
Deleting One Or More Specific Message From A Chat Head
- On the Facebook Messenger app, search for the chat you wish to edit or delete. Click on the name of the chat from which you wish to delete certain messages.
You will now be able to view the chat. Long press on the particular message you wish to delete from the chat, this will open a small pop-up list at the bottom of the screen.
- From the list, click on the ‘Remove’ option. This will open a list with two options – Unsend or Remove the message
Once you choose an option you will receive a confirmation pop-up, confirm your action.
Hurray! You have successfully deleted messages from your Facebook app. I hope this article on how to delete Facebook messages on android phone helps you.