How To Create A Rule In Gmail To Move Emails To A Folder
🕐 1 Jul 23
In this article we will show you how to create a rule in Gmail to move emails to a folder, users receive a huge amount of email every day that use up the storage space of their Gmail application.
In such cases, a user always prefers to sort out an email. Gmail helps you to create rules with the help of the filters. You can easily create a filter at your own convenience.
Gmail provides you the filter of creating the rules in order to automate the process of email organization.
Follow the steps given below to create a rule in Gmail to move emails to a folder. For this, you need to do some modifications in the settings of Gmail.
Step By Step Guide On How To Create A Rule In Gmail To Move Emails To A Folder :-
- Open Gmail in your desktop. In case it does not log you into your account simply enter your valid email id along with your password.
- After successfully logging in to your account, click the gear icon which is placed at the right top corner of the screen. The gear icon represents the settings option.
- A setting drop-down menu will appear on your screen with show you setting option regarding density theme, inbox type. Reading pane and email threading. in the drop-down menu click the option- see all settings placed at the top of the menu.
- The setting option will display Various tabs on your screen named as general, labels, inbox, accounts and import, filters and blog addresses, forwarding and POP/IMAP, add-ons, chat and meet, advanced, offline, and themes.
- Among all these options, look for filters and blog address tab. in this step, you can easily see the existing filters that apply in your account.
- In order to create a rule in Gmail to move emails to a folder, you need to click the option- create a new filter.
- In this step, you need to write the address of the email you preferred the filtration, the words that they must contain, and other details that appear on the pop-up window in your screen. Other details include size, attachment, and chats.
- Once you have filled in all the details as per your own convenience, click the option of creating a filter along with this search placed at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Now a list of options will appear on your screen. in a pop-up window Gmail informs you that when a message is an exact match for your search criteria- skip the inbox, mark as read, star it, apply the label, forward it, delete it, never send it to spam, always mark it as important, never mark it as important, categorize as ( choose the category).
- You need to select the option- apply the label x. You need to choose whether you need to create a new label or use an existing one in your Gmail account.
- After selecting the label you just need to click create filter placed at the bottom of the pop-up window.
I hope this article on how to create a rule in Gmail to move emails to a folder helps you in this article, we covered an essential guide and the Steps mentioned above are quite detailed and easy to follow.