How To Create A Pie Chart In Excel With Percentages
🕐 9 Apr 23
In this article we will show you how to create a pie chart in excel with percentages, Excel is one of the most important applications used in any business environment. It is an integral tool for data keeping, data organization, data comparison, and many other functions.
Thus, it is important to know how to use Excel for better job opportunities. Mastering Excel involves knowing the proper tricks and techniques related to Excel.
If you know the steps and the tricks then working on Excel does not take time. Otherwise it can be time consuming. You can also create different kinds of charts and graphs on Excel. In today's article we will focus on creating pie chart with percentages.
Creating a pie chart in Excel is generally easy. But there are certain aspects of it that are not well known. It creates a lot of confusion among people.
In Excel you can store different kinds of data. It can be numeric data with decimals, percentages, etc.
Or it can also be simple informational data. When you are creating a pie chart in Excel, you need to be precise and understand the proper process. In this article we will discuss the steps to create a pie chart with percentages.
Step By Step Guide On How To Create A Pie Chart In Excel With Percentages :-
- Select the data that you want to create a pie chart on.
- Click insert option which is placed at the top most of your screen.
Click on Insert Pie or Doughnut chart.
- Select Pie option and it will create a pie chart for you based on the data.
- Right click on the pie chart to open a context menu.
Select add data labels from the context menu. It will display the corresponding value on the pie slices.
- Right click on the pie chart again.
- Select Format Data Labels from the menu.
Check the percentage box from the pane that opens up.
- Uncheck the value box in the label options section. It will then show the percentages on the pie chart.
- Note: if you check the percentage and the value box together, you will see both the values on the pie chart.
If you follow all the above-mentioned steps, you can easily make a pie chart on Excel with percentages.
It helps you showcase the accurate value that will make your presentation standout. Excel can be used for many different purposes.
You need to know the proper way to use Excel for your business. If you know the steps for different Excel functions then you can easily master Excel and get better job opportunities.
So follow the steps mentioned and get job-ready with your Excel skills. I hope this article we will show you how to create a pie chart in excel with percentages helps you.