How To Copy A Table From Excel To Word
Last Updated : Dec 4, 2021
IN - Microsoft Word
In this article we will show you how to copy a table from excel to word, Excel does not provide any built-in feature to convert the entire file into Word. However, a user can easily copy and paste the table from an Excel file to Word document.
There are various methods through which you can copy a table from Excel to word with the help of copy-paste or embedding an Excel table as a link object, copying the Excel table as a static image.
Step By Step Guide On How To Copy A Table From Excel To Word :-
With the help of simple copy-paste, you can easily copy a table from the excel file to your word document. However, there is a disadvantage of this method.
In case you are using the copy-paste feature then any of the formulas that are present in the excel file will no longer work in the word document.
- Open Excel on your PC.
- Select the file in excel that you want to copy to word.
After opening the excel file you need to select the table that you want to copy to word. Simply drag the cursor and leave the mouse till the selected text.
Now right-click the selected text, A drop-down menu will appear on your screen. You need to select the option of a copy. You can also use the shortcut of Control+C from the keyboard in windows.
- Now open the Word on your PC.
- Select the specific document where you want to copy the Excel table.
- You can search the document by typing its related keyword in the search field at the top of the MS Word home page.
- Open the document in word and put the cursor where you want to insert this table in word.
- The MS Word Ribbon shows various options like file home insert draw design layout and others. Among all these options click the home tab.
- The home tab provides you with various options for clipboard, Font, Paragraph, and styles.
Under the clipboard, section clicks the option of paste. You can also use the keyboard shortcut- Control V in Windows.
- By doing so, it automatically pastes the table from Excel in your word document as a static table.
Now you can easily add the table according to your requirements and you can easily format and adjust with another table that you have included in the Word document.
I hope this article on how to copy a table from excel to word helps you in this article, we covered an essential guide and I hope this article solves your query.