How To Check Word Count On Google Docs Shortcut
Last Updated : Jan 21, 2022
IN - Google Docs
In this article we will show you how to check word count on google docs shortcut, finding your word count in Google Docs is a simple task. However, there are two methods to get to know about the word count of your Google Docs document.
Google Docs has a built-in feature that help the users to determine the number of characters or words written in Google Docs.
Keeping a check on the number of words for a specific document help the user keep track of the words and determine whether the content is too long or short.
Having the word count tool helps you to complete the target and eliminate the need of checking the word limit from any other third-party applications.
Step By Step Guide On How To Check Word Count On Google Docs Shortcut :-
- Open Google Docs on your PC.
- Select the specific document where you want to check the word count.
- To use the shortcut simply Press control + shift + C. This will automatically display the word Count on your screen.
- The second method is clicked the tool tab from the menu bar.
- The toolbar comprises various options including spelling and grammar, word count, the review suggested edits, and others.
Click the option of word count.
How The Word Count Works For Google Docs :-
The word count tool is very helpful for the users as a display the statistic of your present document.
When you click this option from the Tools menu or prefer using the shortcut key it will show the data for the document you are currently working.
It displays the number of pages of your document followed by the number of words and then the number of characters and finally the characters excluding the spaces.
In case you have a particular aim or target for a certain number of words, you would prefer to keep a track of the words you have written so far in your document without the need of reopening the word count tool every time.
- Google Docs also provides the feature of making the word count always visible on your current page.
- The dialogue box of the word count tool also displays the option of displaying word count while typing.
- You can enable this option by simply clicking the checkbox placed next to this option.
After clicking the checkbox the word count will display at the bottom right corner of the Google docs window.
- The number of words displayed at the bottom right corner is a drop-down menu.
- Simply click the Downward Arrow to see all the data. The data includes the number of pages, words, characters, characters excluding spaces of the current document.
In case you want to hide the word count, you can also click the option of Hyde word count from this drop-down menu.
I hope this article on how to check word count on google docs shortcut helps you and the steps mentioned above are called detailed and easy to follow