How To Change The Author Of A Word Document
Last Updated : Dec 4, 2021
IN - Microsoft Word
In this article we will show you how to change the author of a word document, Microsoft Word is the most popular editing tool established by Microsoft Office whenever a user creates a document in MS Word by default all the documents have an author assigned to it.
The author represents the person who is owning the account on the PC. The author’s name of the document can be visible on the information page of the world.
It can display the complete information of the document on the lower side of the info page. This and included in the document's creation.
In case you want to change the author of a word document, you need to manually change it on the info page.
Step By Step Guide On How To Change The Author Of A Word Document :-
- Open Microsoft Word on your PC.
- A program window will appear on your screen. it will show various options in the MS Word Ribbon like file, home, insert, design, Layout, reference, mailing, review, view review, and help.
- Click the file tab from the MS Word Ribbon which is placed at the top of the program window.
- The file tab will show various options at the left corner of the screen. The options are- Info, save, save as, print, share, Export, and close.
Click the option of info which is placed at the left corner of the screen.
The info screen Provides various options for protecting, inspecting, and managing the document. It also shows the properties, related dates, related people, and related documents.
- Look for the section of related people. This section shows the author and is last modified by.
In the author click the option- add an author field.
- Here you can enter your name in order to use it as the author of the document.
In case you want to remove any other existing author names you can simply right-click on them and click the option of remove person. by doing so your name will appear as the default author.
- Now you need to restart the word application. After refreshing the application on the info page your new author name will be visible. Word also provides the feature of including the additional names in the author section from your contact or any other online Global contacts.
I hope this article on how to change the author of a word document helps you in this article, we covered an essential guide and the steps mentioned above are quite detailed and easy to follow.