How To Change PowerPoint Template For Existing Presentation
🕐 9 Apr 23
In this article we will show you how to change PowerPoint template for existing presentation, PowerPoint is a tool of the MS Office that helps users create presentations.
It has several features and tools that allow one to create a presentation with attractive and suitable font, diagrams, charts, tables, special effects and graphics, etc.
A PowerPoint template is a design or blueprint of one slide or group of slides. Templates can include layouts, colours, fonts, effects, background styles, and at times, even content.
It allows you to create your own custom and personalized templates and save them, reuse them, and share them with other users.
Have you ever wanted to change the template of an existing presentation on MS PowerPoint? If the answer is yes, don’t fret! You have come to the right place.
In this article, we will see how you can do this using just a few easy and quick steps. Follow the step-by-step procedure as explained under.
Step By Step Guide On How To Change PowerPoint Template For Existing Presentation :-
- It is a good idea to start with a fresh presentation even if you want to apply a template to an existing presentation.
- Now on your device, open the presentation that you wish to change the template of.
- Simultaneously, also open the presentation the design or template of which you want to add to the previously opened presentation.
Click on the ‘File’ tab and proceed to ‘Save as’ icon. In the dialog box that opens on the screen, click on the downward arrow against the text-field and choose the ‘powerpoint template (.pot) icon.
- To move ahead, click on the ‘Save’ icon once this is done.
- Now open the presentation of which you want to change the template.
- Click on the ‘Design’ tab from the ribbon located at the top of the screen.
- Under this tab, you will see several options. From here, click on the expansion arrow at the right side of the template design options.
- Click on the ‘Browse for themes’ icon. This will open a new window.
- Go to the location where you have saved the template and click on its icon and then press ‘Open’ and then on ‘Apply’.
- As soon as you click on this, the window will close and the template will apply to all the slides.
- You can also save templates from the internet and specialised websites.
This is how you can change the template of an existing presentation to make it more attractive and aesthetic or even to maintain a uniformity.
I hope this article on how to change PowerPoint template for existing presentation helps you and you found the steps and methods provided above to be useful and solved your technical issues.