How To Change Name In Track Changes Word Mac
Last Updated : Dec 3, 2021
IN - Microsoft Word
In this article we will show you how to change name in track changes word mac this article shows how to change your name for track changes in Microsoft Word on a Mac.
The steps mentioned below must be successfully completed before using the track changes as the process doesn't change the name which is connected to existing edits.
MS Word does not provide a built-in system to change the name which is connected to existing edits. However, a user can replace the existing name with the help of the default label author.
Step By Step Guide On How To Change Name In Track Changes Word Mac :-
- Open the MS Word on your Mac.
- Select the document where you want to change the name in track changes.
- Just beside the Apple icon, you will see various options like word, file, edit, view, insert, format, tools, table, window, and help.
- Now select the word menu which is placed at the top of your MS Word document.
- After clicking word a drop-down menu will appear on your screen with will show various options like about Microsoft Word, preferences, sign out, services, hide other, show all, and quit word.
- Click the option of preferences from the drop-down menu.
- A new dialogue box will appear on your screen which will display various options for authoring and proofing tools. These tools include general, view, Ribbon and toolbar, edit, spelling and grammar, autocorrect, and East Asia languages.
- It also includes various options for output and sharing like save print, and track changes.
- At the bottom of the dialogue box there is also the option of personal settings with include options like user information, security, file location, slow and disabled add-ins, and privacy.
- Click the option of user information placed below the personal settings section.
- A new window will appear on your screen which will display user information. It includes name, initial, company, address, city, state, zip, country/region, phone, and email.
- Below the name, there is a checkbox beside the text always use this name regardless of how I am signed into office. Select this checkbox.
- Select the close button. After successfully completing all the steps mentioned above your newly Updated name will appear whenever you include any new comment or edit.
I hope this article on how to change name in track changes word mac helps you and in this article, we covered an essential guide the steps mentioned above are quite detailed and easy to follow.