How To Change Country On Netflix Account
Last Updated : May 5, 2022
IN - Netflix
In this article we will show you how to change country on Netflix account, Netflix is an online streaming platform where you can watch all the latest shows, movies, etc.
It has gained massive popularity in the recent years, especially after the pandemic of 2019.
During this time, it became the launching and release platform for several movies all across the globe. Netflix is an app operating in several countries.
It customizes and changes its content and availability of series and movies according to your geographical locations.
Thus, one might want to change the country at the time of travelling abroad or shifting to a new country.
It is very important to note here that there is no way to change the country on your Netflix account without actually moving to a new country.
Moreover, even if you hide your VPN and try to access the site, you will only be allowed to access the TV shows and movies available for streaming and downloading in all regions of the world globally.
As soon as you move out of your present country, the site will notify you of the changes you may experience. Make sure you have a stable internet connection, etc. that make the process smooth.
In this article, we will discuss about changing the country on your Netflix account just follow the steps below.
Step By Step Guide On How To Change Country On Netflix Account :-
Thus, the bottom line is that you can’t change the country on your account without geographically moving to one.
There are a few things that you will come across and need to understand about the change. Let us see some of the important ones.
- The monthly prices, billing currency and methods of payment may differ from one country to another.
- You will continue to be charged according to the plan and currency of the country you signed up in.
- Thus, if you wish to change this to match the country you have moved to, you will need to cancel your account.
- You can wait till the end of your billing period to do so. The app will save all your viewing activity, preferences and other data for 10 months so that you can start where you left off.
- Then restart your account. Make sure you do it from the country you moved to.
- This may cause a few major changes like change in the language of subtitles, selection of movies and TV shows available, maturity ratings vary in different countries, etc.
- It is important to note here that Netflix operates in 190 countries. A few important countries where it doesn’t work are China, North Korea, Crimea and Syria.
- Thus, you would want to cancel your account permanently in case you are moving to one of these countries.
I hope this article on how to change country on Netflix account helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.
Every country has their own legalities and licensing issues, thus, it is not feasible for a platform to run universal titles in every country.
Therefore, the above mentioned are the ways you can try to access Netflix account while travelling or shifting abroad.