How To Calculate Percentage Of Total Sales In Excel
🕐 9 Apr 23
In this article we will show you how to calculate percentage of total sales in excel, Microsoft Excel can make your work much more easier in just a click. Microsoft Excel can do the calculation in just few seconds.
You don't have to remember the formulas to calculate sale percentage all you have to do is just remember the steps.
There are some simple division formulas which you can be use to calculate the sale percentage in Excel. You have a list of items and numbers of item sold in a given period, you want to calculate all the sale percentage of the items.
If you have multiple products or categories of product. Now the question arises how to calculate the percentage of total sale in Excel.
Nothing to worry this article will guide you step by step how to calculate the percentage of the total sale in Excel.
This is not a rocket science you can learn it in just one tutorial and you can remember it throughout your life. Now follow the steps given below.
Step By Step Guide On How To Calculate Percentage Of Total Sales In Excel :-
- First open a new spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel.
- Then, click on the first cell which is A1
- Enter the name of the first item of your list.
- Now enter the total number of sale of the first item in cell B1. For example if you have delivered 50000 from action figures sale then enter the 50000 in cell B1.
- After this start writing down the each item name one by one on the new line of the Excel sheet. For example if you have cell 10 items write those 10 items name and the total number that you have sold individually.
- Now on the new cell enter "=sum(B1:B#)" next to the B1 column
And then replace it with "#" symbol with the row number of last filled cell in column B. In this example you can also enter "=sum(B1:B2)"in cell B3 and then you can calculate the total sale of the the item.
- Now enter "=item_sales/totel_sales" in the column C for every items.
And then replace the word "item_sales" with the respective column number of the items names which you have entered in the previous step.
- Now right click on column C header.
- And select the format cell from the menu box which has been appeared on your screen.
Then, select percentage option from the number tabs.
And then at last select OK to display the result as a percentage. The data which will appear in column C will be the total sale percentage for each item.
This is how calculating the percent of total sale becomes easy. I hope this article on how to calculate percentage of total sales in excel helps you and you enjoyed reading this article and it also helps you in doing the calculations of total sales in excel perfectly.